Monday, September 26, 2011

stark raving mad

First off, let me just begin by apologizing for my lack of contact with those of you back home, i.e. going the first few days without calling, blogging, or just generally letting everyone know I'd arrived safe and sound.  Buuut...I'm here and promise to do better!

Now, on to more important things; I just returned from my first class and I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS COURSE!  It's my elective module: "madness and psychoanalysis in contemporary fiction."  Any English majors/ nerds / or anyone with an unsettling interest in serial killers will share my enthusiasm.  After all, who wouldn't want to sit around talking about psychopaths, Freud, and Prozac???  One look at the assigned novels and I knew automatically I had to take this course:

  


Other readings for the course include Kafka's The Trial and the short story "The Yellow Wallpaper."

All of this is made even better by the fact that:
 A.) It's really small class with less than ten people.
B.) Almost everyone in the course is actually British (shocking considering the number of international students here) and their accents make the entire discussion sound that much more intelligent.
C.) Like any proper Brit, the professor starts the class with tea and chocolate biscuits for us all.  A definite WIN!


Cheers, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment