Thursday, September 8, 2011

the new fab four

Oh. My. Word.  Lately I have become obsessed with with Britain's most recent musical invasion...

If you haven't taken a listen to Sigh No More yet, you're missing out! Mumford & Sons is folksy, brooding, and even incorporates a little bit o' Shakespeare into their lyrics...what more could you ask for???  Last fall, one of my fellow interns in South Africa introduced us to them and I was immediately hooked after hearing "Little Lion Man." While it's definitely one of their best (and most well-known), the whole album is phenomenal and addictive.  Lately, "Thistle and Weeds" is the track I've had on repeat.  Can't. Get. Enough.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find a show while I'm in the U.K.!

Here are some of my favorite M&S lyrics, made all pretty by people far more creative than I:








Cheers, Brooke




1 comment:

  1. I saw them in Atlanta last year - definitely one of the best shows I've EVER seen!

    ReplyDelete