Friday, September 2, 2011

101 in 1001: Part One

Lately I've been noticing a trend on other blogs: lists of 101 things you want to do or accomplish in 1001 days (a little under 3 years).  The idea is that it's similar to a "Bucket List", but broken down into much more manageable chunks.  I've started making my list, but I'm not finished (hence the "Part One"); I won't start counting my 1001 days until I'm finished making my list.  A lot of these are things I hope to do while still in the UK, especially since I'll be so much closer to the countries I want to visit on my list.

The List: Part One
  1. Blog regularly (already doing much better than I did on http://www.brookeonsafari.blogspot.com/!)
  2. Visit 10 new states
  3. Take a roadtrip
  4. Publish an article in an academic journal
  5. Work-out everyday for a month
  6. Visit Ireland
  7. Visit Iceland
  8. Visit Russia
  9. Visit Greece
  10. Visit Romania
  11. Drive through the English countryside
  12. Stay in a supposedly "haunted" bed & breakfast
  13. Visit my friend, Stephanie, in Guatemala
  14. Go to church every Sunday for 3 months
  15. Volutneer for Gamma Phi
  16. Join one of my sorority's alumni groups
  17. Visit other SEC schools
  18. Go to a beach on the East Coast
  19. Attend an NFL game (preferably the Falcons or Saints)
  20. Skydive
  21. Attend UA's 2012 season opener (vs. Michigan at Cowboys Stadium!)
  22. Pay for the person in line behind me
  23. Lose (and maintain) 20 lbs.
  24. Make pasta and sauce from scratch
  25. Volunteer for a literacy program
  26. Spend New Year's Eve in New York City
  27. Visit other Gamma Phi chapters
  28. Put money into savings regularly
  29. Visit Croatia
  30. Visit Savannah, GA (hopefully during the Christmas season)
  31. Make it through a haunted house (As much as I love Halloween and scary movies, I never go to the haunted houses; they make me so claustrophobic for some reason.)
  32. Bake a cake/cupcakes from scratch
  33. See Anne Frank's house
  34. Join an Alabama alumni group
  35. Join a book club
  36. Start taking Spanish classes again
  37. Finish my scrapbooks
  38. Keep a prayer journal (like Aibileen in The Help)
  39. Recycle
  40. Try playing polo
  41. Trying rowing
That's all I've got for now, but stayed tune for Part Two!

Cheers, Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment