Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gamma Phi just got Beta!

This past weekend I found myself back in Tuscaloosa for a bridesmaid dress fitting (for the wedding of none other than a friend from my first study abroad trip to England!).  Anyway, on my way to the fitting as I drove down University Blvd., I was able to see the Bid Day festivities...let's just say I was majorly  slighlty jealous of the little freshies just beginning their college careers and starting their journeys into "sorority land."  This was the first rush since I graduated last December and I was feeling a little nostalgic.  During my time at the Capstone, joining Gamma Phi Beta was definitely one of the best decisions I made.  Aside from swaps, date parties, and formals, I made some amazing friends.  I was so blessed by the opportunity to be not only part of a sorority in general, but this sorority in particular.  And not only did I form amazing relationships with my sisters while at UA, I'm proud to say that I've kept in touch after graduation as well.  I'm so proud to call my fellow alumni my sisters and see where each has gone since graduation; from marriage to grad school to teaching abroad, we're a group of young women that has gone on to be incredibly successful in our personal and professional lives.  But not only am I proud of my pledge sisters, but of the girls still currently at UA...Saturday's Bid Day garnered in a pledge class of 101 new baby penguins! Now I think that deserves a Roll Tide!
Here are some pics of my time as a Gamma Phi at UA:

with my Big Sister, Larkie, at a football game 

 senior Spring Break cruise: Senior Frog's in Cozumel, Mexico

 Mardi Gras in New Orleans

 Tacky Christmas

 Faunsdale crawfish boil

before performing in the Greek Week lip sync competition


Cheers, Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment